MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM
Form, duration and place of training – full time, 2 years, Moscow
In contrast to the traditional approach, we give immersion in real Russian politics.
You will see what is really happening in Russia. You will understand the difference between myths about Russia and real processes, which are happening in Russia and post-Soviet States. You will learn how it works from ‘the inside’ and will be able to compare the existing concepts and theories about Russia with real practice. You will get an access to the unique information data bases and technologies of work in Russia and will take part in political researches and campaigns.
Language of training: Russian and English
Also you will have a number of special elective courses on the culture, history, Russia’s and post-Soviet space’s traditions.
PRACTICAL TRAININGS, PROBATIONS and RESEARCH PROJECTS in the best informational-analytical, consulting and researching centers of Russia.
You will have an opportunity of taking part in POLITICAL AND ELECTIONAL CAMPAIGNS of ruling and oppositional parties.
Participation in the RESEARCH PROJECTS ‘Eurasian Monitor’, ‘World Internet Project’, in projects of — Research Committees ‘Political Sociology’ and ‘Political Region Studies’ of — Political Science’s Russian Association, Institute of Techniques in the Sphere of Social Computing of Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities.
YOU WILL LEARN:
1) in research area:
• — — -to apply main points of transitology and consolidology to analysis of processes in Russia and other post-Soviet countries-
• — — -to analyze the dynamic of changes in politics, economy and social structure of post-Soviet countries-
• — — -to organize the model of research, basing on modern achievements of political theory
• — — -to form an empirical research base, resting on recent developments — of applicative political knowledge-
2) in informational and analytical activity area
• — — -to collect and analyze information, including the usage of professional programs of automatic data processing (SPSS)-
• — — -to apply such methods of political events and processes analyze as content-, event-, intent analysis, mass and expert polling, deep and focus-group interview, etc.-
• — — -to apply the methods of research of Internet: online-polling, hall- and home testing, technological monitoring of social networks, cybermatrical analyses of Internet audience, etc.-
3) in consulting activity area:
• — — -to segment the political market in Russia and develop models of political leader’s/party’s image-
4) in institutional and management activity area:
• — — -to realize preparation, carrying out and analyses of efficiency of informational, political and election campaigns in Russia and post-Soviet States-
• — — -to organize and carry out the communication with Russian business and authority representatives-
5) in projects activity area:
• — — -to work and carry out political projects, considering Russian particularity-
• — — -to realize fundraising and crowdfunding — technologies in Russia-
• — — -to carry out monitoring and audit, which give you an opportunity to estimate the efficiency of project’s realization-
6) in business activities area:
• — — -to lobby business structures’ interests in cooperation with authorities
7) in pedagogical activity area:
• — — -to apply in educational process the recent forms and techniques of teaching: trainings, master-classes, business games, cases, project-analytical sessions, etc.
This program is for those who understand that Russia and the post-Soviet States should be studied in Russia.
Tuition: 5500 Euro a year
Admission tests: the basic theory of political science (an interview).
The head of the master’s program:
Vladimir S. AVDONIN — Doctor of Politics, Professor Leading Researcher of Institute of Scientific Information for Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences (INION RAN), specialist of the International Institute of Research in Policy and the Humanities, co-chairman of Research Committee on Political Regional Science of the Russian Political Science Association (RPSA)
Elena V. BRODOVSKAYA — deputy director of Institute of Politics, Law and Social Development of SMSUH, Doctor of Politics, Professor.
International Cooperation and PR Department: Tel.: +7(495)915-5533,