AN ADRESS OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL AND SHOLOKHOV MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY FOR THE HUMANITIES ADMINISTRATION TO D.V. LIVANOV, THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE.
In the modern world the development of the national educational system, the diffusion of modern technologies and youth activities represent the important factor of the economical and political welfare of the country and the impact of our country at the international level.
The actual trends in the world’s educational system (globalization of the market of education, development of technologies of e-learning, such new players in the market as corporate universities, educational corporations and hyperaccessibility of the information and increasing mass media and Internet influence in the educational process and so on) form a fundamentally new environment for the development of the Russian educational system and demand its accelerated adaptation to the new situation and new challenges.
In this regard, it would be important to establish the research university in Russia, whose mission would be active research, experimental and innovative activities in the field of education and technological work with young people. Moreover, such university should become a provider of unique educational programs in these areas not only for the nationwide level, but also for the international level, that would make it as a conductor of Russian "soft power" in other countries.
Taking into consideration the specific characteristics of its mission, it would be more advisable to establish such kind of the research university in Moscow. The university could be built on the basis of the integration of Moscow State Pedagogical University and Sholokhov Moscow State University for Humanities.
The analysis of monitoring’s results of the effectiveness of 2014 institutes of higher education shows both the mutual supplementation of its potentials in some areas and the presence of common problems that can be solved by combining and optimizing its activities.
Moscow State Pedagogic University
Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities
(average mark for Unified State Exam among government-financed and commercial departments)
75.47 / 64.87*
75.26 / 64.76*
(amount of income received from scientific activity calculated for 1 rate of research and educational personnel in thousands of roubles)
(Percentage of foreign students)
Financial and economic activity (income for 1 rate of research and educational personnel)
(floor space in square meters for 1 student)
(number of graduates from full-time tuition, registrated in employment service during the year)
Mark «*» indicates fullfilled indexes of the universities.
The program of measures for the development of the united university must include:
- Optimization of the number of the students in the university;
- Educational programs restructuring (advanced development of postgraduate and master programs and shrinking of the bachelor’s programs);
- “Crystallization” of HR potential (due to the denial of non-specialized educational programs, keeping only research and educational personnel, demonstrating high rates of scientific and educational activity, increasing the level of salary for research and educational personnel, admittance procedure assurance, introduction of efficient contract);
- Advanced development of the research sector ( in the sphere of modern educational technologies and youth policy), development of the university project activity, income raise from science and realization of socially significant and commercial projects;
- Development of the internet educational programs, including collaboration with leading foreign research and educational centers.
Taking into consideration above-stated information, Research Council and Chancellor’s administration of Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities suggest creating a leading research pedagogic university of Russia by the means of amalgamation of Moscow State Pedagogic University and Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities.
The application was approbated in the course of Research Council session of Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities.
The 29 th of January, 2015